Saturday, November 14, 2015

Bluetooth Headphones Experience

Since, I've done my final thoughts and impressions for the Audio Technica M40X's, I think I should follow up with giving my opinion for my bluetooth headphones as well. Although these are not even in the same league as the M40X's, there's still something captivating about headphones that are cordless. My first experience with bluetooth headphones was rather sad. Sad in the sense, they were cheap headphones, not comfortable at all (on top of that on ears), the sound they produced was mediocre at best. The sadder part was I swore by those headphones and thought they were the best thing ever invented since the wheel. They were the Rapoo H6060, and like your parents when your friends come over, imma show you some pictures~


Rapoo H6060

When you look at those, I think you'll get their initial appeal, I mean, they look sleek and simple with that all matte black build. but the choice for materials could be better. The soft touch plastic they used was of a cheaper quality, the fact proven that after a while, they started feeling sticky and dust would gather on them (ugh). Plus the headphones' foam cups were made of poor quality faux leather so they started peeling off, exposing the itchy spongy layer beneath them, adding to their already discomforting design. They sat on your ears (on ear headphones) and ergonomically they could be better. All that lead up to me just ditching them after a year of use, though it was a good one year journey we had together. Having your hands free from obtrusive cables was really convenient to the point you didn't expect it would be THAT convenient. You can control media and volume all from your headphones so you can leave your phone charging and still listen to music without being tethered to the power plug like your phone~ All that nostalgia brought me back to trying them on again, I stopped using them after the foam cups started peeling off, thankfully the buttons still work but before I put them on, I noticed ants coming in and out of the ear cups.


My literal face, I kid you not

The condo I was living in had an ant problem, if you left anything sweet out in the open, 15 minutes later, ants would swarm it! So because the ear cups were exposed, since the faux leather was peeling off, they made the inside of the headphones a place to make a nest... All that nostalgia and love I had for those headphones went down with the headphones as I tossed it into the trash. (I broke the band that connects the two cups together as well since it already had cracks, I've always wanted to do that, and I hate ants, especially when they bite you, it was kind off therapeutic to be honest) After that I was left there with no bluetooth headphones, so I was all like "I have got to get me a new pair of them bluetooth headphones!" And I didn't want to just buy any old bluetooth headphone I could get off the shelves, no way, at that point sound quality already mattered to me. So I did some window shopping after going through lists on the internet. The thing about bluetooth headphones are that good pairs don't come cheap. The Sennheiser Momentum were over RM1000, I don't have that kind of money so obviously, I didn't even dream about getting them, next were the Sony MDR-10RBT, RM700-800, nope, lower, their older brother the Sony MDR-1RBT were more expensive so I didn't consider those as well. Bose was just as expensive as the sennheisers, and there was no way I'm going to buy a pair of Beats headphones which were overrated and overpriced all the same. The Jabra MOVE Wireless were the best for the price according to reviews but they were still too steep for me. In the end, I settled for the Avantree Auditions. There aren't really a lot of reviews for them online, most of them were in forums and there was only a couple of youtube channels reviewing them. But the gist of all my reading amounted to the fact that these weren't bad and for the price, these were decent enough~

So I got them, and here they are~


I've been using them for over 11 months now, I'll post my final thoughts in a coming post, I got them before my M40X's and these don't come close to the Audio Technicas but they aren't half bad.

I got them at lelong as well, link here. The seller had good reviews so I chose them even though there were cheaper options. You really have to be careful when purchasing online so I wasn't taking any chances. I bought them for about RM150, including delivery so it was cheap considering the Rapoo's were RM115.

When I looking up reviews, here are some of the good lists I've found from:
The Wirecutter (you should look at their other lists, their lists are pocket friendly)

And that's all, have a good one~



No comments: