Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Blog Updates and Recent Events

If you have been keeping up with my blog lately, you'd have realised that I didn't write a post from 17 Dec 2015 to 31 Dec 2015. Well that was because of two things, this:


Which took up my entire weekend, and hence I thought I'd might as well try to squeeze out a post the following week, and lo and behold, it was my final week of practical training so I thought I'd give it my all for the last week I would be working. And thus was the tale of why I didn't blog for 2 weeks. it felt really bad though and I've been watching the numbers, more of you are coming to read my blog as the weeks went by and I am incredibly thankful (and happy) that someone actually wants to read my miserable posts. (though I try to make them as good as I can)


I've always wanted to blog my whole life, I'm starting to get the hang of it, beginning to get some traction and I hope I can continue to do so~ I've also been meaning to share the event with you guys so here goes:

The planning for the event started off 3 months before the actual date so there was a lot to be done in such a short period of time, thankfully I didn't have to do anything (initially) but then some complications arrived and I ended up having to help design the posters and such for the event. (like the one up there was done by me) Wasn't too pleased at first but then, like the thing with all designs, it kinda grows on you, especially if you have ideas on what you wanna make, so I enjoyed myself later on, though finding the time to do it was another story.


Our Collection but my name since I didn't have gundams to display (or worth for that matter)


My Twin's Collection


My Elder Brother's Collection

For the exhibition, my brothers showcased their gundam collection, my twin bro has a blog about his gundams (he paints them and such) if you'd like to see it, it's here. And me, having left gundams for so long, I thought it would be better I exhibit our Bionicles collection. A collection we (my twin bro, myself and my elder brother) have been working on since I was in primary 4. So there were quite a few to show during the event.


Ah, childhood, how sweet thy taste in my tongue (if I went back in time, they know immediately I'm not from there, just saying)

The Gunpla and Toy Collectors Exhibition turned better than I thought it would, the first day had a gunpla building competition for both adults and juniors and the exhibition. Although the junior exhibition had only 4 contestants, the exhibition booths were always visited by people, those who were just passing by stopped to take a look, some have already come before but came back for a second glance, even stopping to take photos. In KL this would seem normal but I was a bit sceptical for Miri, and I'm glad I was wrong.


Since the crowd was still small, I got to go around and take pictures~


Deadpool, cause everybody loves Deadpool, amirite?


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, old and new, with a few Mouzers thrown into the mix


An aerial view~





Queue Imperial March!



Lots of Transformers


Dante and bad guy from Ironman whose name escapes me





One of our lady exhibitors, her collection all neatly packed into these jars, quite a creative idea actually





We got Black Rock Shooter in da house!


And an Angel looming behind



Things started picking up more when it was time for the adults competition, that's when the crowd started to grow and people started to gather to spectate the ongoing contest. And the contest was one hour and a half so those people really wanted to watch it! Some stuck to the very end, others went shopping first then came back to catch up, it was amazing.


The contestants listening to rules and regulations before starting (I didn't get the chance to take photos of the junior contest though)


For the junior's category, they had to build this kit


The adults had to build this kit, marks were given for tidiness, panel lining and completion

The following day, I opted to switch my exhibits since there were a few that weren't shown during the first day, and the crowd was better too! The second day consisted of the exhibition and a gunpla workshop for those who were interested but didn't know how to start or for those who wanted to polish their gunpla building skills, it was open to anyone. And again, I was amazed, there were a few who wanted to start building but they were shy so they just bought some models we were selling (at a discounted price, the extras from the gunpla competition) and said they'd build it at home. I explained to them how to read the manual and such to smoothen things up and ease them into the building process. There were a few ladies who seemed interested (they stayed for quite some time, observing the workshop) but when I asked them if they'd like to try, they weren't too keen, suggesting that if they built one, they would destroy it altogether. If only they knew that some of the best builders are girls, IF ONLY THEY KNEW. So if any ladies are reading this, you can totally build gundams, there's no problem at all. (why did anyone ever think there was?)



The team reunited!




An AT-TE for you Star Wars fans out there


Kamen Rider Ryuki~


Wait, that doesn't seem right... Until you see his hands are cuffed



I didn't get to take a picture of the workshop, but you can kinda see it at the top right in this photo


Ah, those magnificent flames



Our exhibit for Day 2


The Bionicles are different from before


We have another set of turtles here, who would have known?

The exhibitors enjoyed themselves more on the second day, there were more people and some even started having conversations about gundams and transformers and etc. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. A guy my brother was talking to (a lengthy conversation at that) even said that it was nice to talk to people who could finally understand what he was talking about. WE ALL FELT THE SAME (I think, it was really nice though)


A rule of thumb though (although most weren't introverts, so it's only me I guess)

Oh yea, the exhibitors were great as well, most already knew what they had to do so there weren't any mixups. One exhibitor had a hg guntank and my brothers had a hg guncannon and an rg rx-78 so he said he'd just exhibit this guntank on our exhibit so that they were one team, dawwwww. It was so nice seeing them together. And for the workshop, the contestants from the day before came back to build their kits with us. A mom even brought her son over because the son had gotten a kit for his birthday present but after opening the box, she realised it had to be put together so she turned to us for help since she didn't know what to do. And that boy was 9 years old, and the kit was an RG Astray Red Frame but he did really good for a first timer, he stuck to it from 12 noon to 5 pm, the mom came to check on him a few times (even offering to bring him out for some ice cream for a break but he REFUSED, LOL) Not bad kid, not bad at all, by 5pm he had completed about 85% of the gundam so not bad at all I must say. I think secretly RG kits are better for kids since their smaller hands give them an edge when handling the smaller pieces of the RG kits.

The exhibition ended with a token of appreciation for all the exhibitors that came that day (to which they were genuinely surprised since it was the first time they had ever gotten a hamper for exhibiting their collection) The event surprised me in many ways and I even felt like building gundams again. (I even found a sergeant kero-pla I always wanted to build and bought it on the spot!) Let's just hope I can translate that "felt-like" to actually doing and you'll know if I succeeded cause you'll read about it.

And... it ain't over yet brah,

I FINISHED MY PRACTICAL TRAINING!!!


Oh yeahhh


yea ermegerd so happy


although I am certain I will be proven wrong of this...

I'm glad it ended on a good note too, my boss called me over to his office and we talked about what I have learned and stuff, he apologized if he had said anything wrong and I was like "nah bro, it's all good" and then he was like "I don't know if you expected to do different things but in this office we need all the help we can get so you're given jobs like everyone else," and I was like "nah man, it's fine, I got to learn a lot cause like every cloud has a silver lining" which was what I honestly thought at that moment but flashback to 2 months ago I was crying from the work he had given me. I finished the day off by copying all my work into the office computer and then everyone started wishing me well and good luck for my studies. We shook hands and exchanged smiles, it was all too bittersweet, what a way to end 2015. Alhamdulillah!

Which brings me to the point of this post, I'm on holiday now since it's my semester break and I'm really hoping that I can push out more content from now on. The real challenge would then be when I go back to studying in March but now that I've seen people take interest in my blog, I'm hoping it will be the driving force for me to continue posting on a regular basis. Let me just end this post by thanking you all for reading my blog, it's beautiful to watch the numbers grow and let's hope 2016 will be a better year for this blog! (adjectives left out: sad, abandoned, forsaken)

HAVE FUN AND KEEP ON READING MY BLOG!!! (for me and for you, see? it's a win-win situation)


No comments: