Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Favourite Pokemon Part Tsu!

As you all know, I'm currently in my poke-chain, and this will be the last post, I wanted to post more, but a lot of other things came up that I feel like I should post about, so this will be the last of the poke-chain. This doesn't mean I won't be posting about pokemon anymore, it just means I'll be jumping from one subject to the other. I'm a pokemon fan, I've been playing pokemon my whole life, I cried when I found out you can play pokemon on your android phone, I'm playing pokemon on my android phone, the Sony Sola, and lastly, I'm playing Pokemon X!!! Muehehehehehehehe!!!~

Ok, back to the chain, my favourite pokemon, this time, it'll be just random pokemon, those random pokemon I've just taken a liking for. Those kind of pokemon.

Starmie


Starmie was one of those pokemon that appealed to me when I looked at it and made me like it even more when I found out what I could do with it, IT COULD FRIGGIN LEARN THUNDERBOLT!!! If you guys don't know, Thunderbolt and Ice Beam are a very good combination of attacks you can teach one pokemon. This is simply because, if you teach these two moves to one pokemon, you practically cover half of the weakness of all the types of pokemon. Now, add psychic and hydro pump, and you get an all rounded addition to your team, which is something very convenient to have both adventuring and competitive-wise.

Haunter


Haunter appealed to me for two things, it looked awesome, one, and it's a ghost pokemon, two. Have nintendo make Haunter the only ghost pokemon in the first installment of pokemon and you have the perfect recipe for an instant, Faruq-approved pokemon. If you were wondering why Haunter and not Gengar, it was because I played pokemon on my computer when I was small and not the Gameboy so there was no way I could get Gengar. All I had after cheating was a level 100 Haunter, which still destroyed everything in its path, not sure whether Haunter was just strong to begin with or because he was level 100, though. 

I also learned later on that Haunter could also learn a wide variety of moves, and I got a Ghastly 5 minutes after that.

Noctowl


Now Noctowl didn't have anything else to offer me other than that initial good impression it had on me, and it could learn Hypnosis and Dream Eater, one of my favorite combos to have in Pokemon. But that's all it gave me in the end, it didn't have blazingly high stats or an impressive move set to begin with but it's still one of those pokemon I would definitely use in my team. Until I found out how stressful it was to land a Hypnosis and Dream Eater from Noctowl did not dish out as much damage as I would have hoped for, so I got a Pidgeot instead with more accurate and powerful moves.

Ampharos


Electric-type pokemon are one of those hard to find pokemon in the entrie game. The game either gives you a lot of them but none of them are good or few of them but most of them are also not good. Now Ampharos is one happy exception, which is why he is one of my favourite pokemon. To add to all this, he has excellent stats and his move set is quite good as well.

Gardevoir


For me, Gardevoir was the Alakazam for the Hoenn Region and it was a welcome replacement. And add an excellent design to the pokemon, you get an irresistable pokemon attracted by many.

Ludicolo



The third generation was one of the first generations to get a little crazy with the type mixing. For me, Ludicolo was the successful outcomes from those experiments. It really amazed me at how they managed to pull off the grass water design to create one that would actually protray both but also Ludicolo was a good addition to the team due to its bulkiness.

Remember when I said about crazy type mixing, here's another favorite,

Breloom


It's cute, and it is terribly good at punching the lights out of other pokemon. It reminded me of the Yugi-Oh Spell Card with the kangaroo punching out an opponent. It was unique being the first pokemon that was Grass and FIGHTING! Of course it had the weakness to Flying-type pokemon but it overcame that with Sky Uppercut~

Dusclops


I just like Ghost Pokemon, just, like that~

Staraptor


Staraptor earns points for being one of the coolest bird pokemon, one of the earliest additions to your team, one of the strongest early additions to your team, one of the bird pokemon with good movesets AND just a reliable pokemon on a whole.

He has helped me through a lot of battles in Diamond and Pearl, right up to the League and even after. So he shall forever be, one of my favorite pokemon.

I even had to get in Black and White and through breeding and some training, EVs and leveling, I had my good ol' Staraptor back! 

Luxray


Luxray rides alongside Staraptor for being just plainly, RELIABLE! And also cause I thought he was Electric Dark. He wasn't but his moveset suggests otherwise. He was also one of the pokemon I brought over to Black and White.

Chandelure


Did you mention I simply love ghost pokemon? Well, I LOVE GHOST POKEMON!!! And that's why I when I saw Litwick I just... I just threw any pokeball I had at that time at him. And Lampent looked awesome, but Chandelure WAS JUST SHOOOOOOOOWWWW AMAYZINGGGGG!!!! Why have they not thought of a pokemon like this before?! It didn't have much of a moveset but it could learn very good moves and a wide variety of them too =)

And I guess that's it for this post, keep playing pokemon everyone~

No comments: