Saturday, October 5, 2013

Favourite Pokemon!

With X and Y coming around the corner, I can't help but think back on the pokemon I had back then and which ones I like the most throughout various games. So here's a list of my favourite pokemon, not according to numbers because each of them has their own uniqueness I can't bear to numerate. To be fair, I'll group up certain pokemon that are in similar categories. (I'm making this as a part of a Poke-Chain, so stay tuned for more pokemon posts, minimum 3, I'll try my best)

Starters



SQUIRTLE!!!

I have to admit, Squitle is one of my favourite pokemon simply because it was the first pokemon I picked when playing Pokemon Blue. That alone can be the reason why, but Squirtle was one of those pokemon that went like, the more I used it and the more I transitioned into the game, there was just more to like about him, and he never let me down when it came to battling.

What I remembered the most was how cool Bubble looked in Red and Blue, and I compared it to Ember and Leech Seed. Ember was okay but there was nothing that made it seem extremely strong with its animation and Leech Seed always missed when I tried to land it. But BUBBLE OHHHHHHH MAN, the bubbles would move towards the enemy and the screen would flash every time it got closer. The next thing would be the enemy fainting, and I don't know it just made Squirtle look so strong!

He was also a joy to use against Gym Leaders, Brock would be decimated just by spamming bubble, Misty was taken care of with bite, I can still remember Starmie flinching with each bite, until it fainted. And since Squirtle was a water type, he just tanked those water attacks. Now remember, at that time, Bite was a normal type move, so when bite got upgraded to a Dark type move, I was all,


What a happy accident!

I didn't even have to use Pikachu! AND IT JUST GOT BETTER!!!! When he evolved into Blastoise, I taught him Ice Beam before I fought Sabrina. AND THE COOLEST THING HAPPENED!!! I USED ICE BEAM AND ALAKAZAM WAS FROZEN!!! Which made that battle a lot easier. Skull Bash just added to this, taking out Blaine's pokemon easy peasy~

I can go on and on about how cool Squirtle was for me, but I think you get the picture. =)


Cyndaquil

Ok, I have to admit, the only reason I picked Cyndaquil over Totodile was that Cyndaquil was SOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE. And also the fact Flame Wheel just looked too cool of a move to pass up. Another thing I came to appreciate was that it was hard to find a reliable Fire Type pokemon so having Cyndaquil on my team made this so much easier for me!


Torchic

There's actually a story behind this, I actually picked Swampert as my first starter but that was a game played with cheat codes using a GBA Emulator. When I tried to enjoy the game without using cheats, meaning starting over, I picked Torchic because, Swampert didn't look so nice, IMO and Blaziken was simply way wayyyyyyyyyy COOOLER! Top that with the fact that he was Fire Fighting (that was the first time so it was a big deal) and Sky Uppercut would destroy Flying pokemon which was what made me prefer Torchic over Mudkip. (Oh, yea, that's what its called)


Piplup

I know most of my choices are based on looks, but hey, human being rely the most on their eyesight so, you know, its... a fact? But yes, I chose Piplup because it looked the nicest among the starter pokemon in generation 4. For me, that was also when pokemon started coming up with bad designs for their pokemon, I hated the fact Yanmega looked nothing like Yanma (aside from the fact they were both dragonflies). Piplup was also the most controversial pokemon for me because Empoleon's sprite didn't exactly look very nice in game, it was drawn nicely in the book though.So yeah, it looked cute but when you got to Empoleon, I was like, WHUT....? 0.o But Empoleon was trustworthy in battle and the fact that he was Steel allowed me to tank normal moves LAIK A BAWS!!!!


Oshawott

Probably by now, you'd realise that I never picked a grass starter, well, to put it simply, WRONGGGGGGGG!!! I did, just that, Grass pokemon were relatively easy to find earlier in the game compared to the other two types and its not like I didn't like any of the starters, contrary to that, I actually liked all the grass starters, just not as much as the ones listed here! =) The story with Oshawott is simple actually, he looked cute, I chose him as my starter, he didn't disappoint in battle and his unique skill was a joy to use!




JUST LOOK AT THOSE, HOW COULD THAT NOT BE COOL?!

And there you have it, my favourite starter pokemon! So for this upcoming X and Y, I'll be partying with Fennekin and me ol' buddy Squirtle! OUR FRIENDSHIP TRANSCENDS TIME I TELL YOU!!!! TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: