Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Blog Updates

In case you were wondering is this still the same blog you were reading the last month or so called "Open Mind", then yes this is still the same blog. It's been going through a lot of changes because I never felt like the blog looked the way I would like it to. SO first there was the background with Sinnoh Badges from pokemon.


Yeap, this one

Then I was like "I love scenic views, maybe I'll use that as a background!" And hence the mountains.


Another picture I liked, after searching through the internet

 And then I thought, the background's kind of distracting and its quite hard to read (to be honest). So then I opted for changing it to a much more flatter coloured background, I switched between a couple of pictures, but what looked good as a wallpaper for my laptop screen did not look nice as a background for a blog. I stumbled across a few gems along the way, and these were all candidates~


I like pictures that give you a sense of depth but at the same time appear endless


Boundless


Serene with a touch of contrast to really draw you into it


A picture that makes you stare at it, for even just a second longer

But alas, these are good as desktop wallpapers, not blog ones. Plus, it might just be my opinion though, but they kinda look tacky (just my opinion). And also I was posting about anime yet the blog had this profound picture as a background so it didn't quite match. I ended up settling with the pokemon wallpaper again only this time, it's updated to the Kalos Gym Badges, which is more recent and the colour combinations are wonderful.


So cleverly put together =D

I've got to give props to the artist, not only is he/she good at making these but also keeps up-to-date with new gym badges. Something I definitely can't say about myself. If you want to know more about the artist, I've put the link on the right side of my blog, so you can check them out and see exactly what I mean! =)


Have a good one and probably, look a little longer if you're still searching for wallpapers, you might get what you want.

No comments: